Here’s Episode 2 of our cooking show Cooking with Baby, where we try to recreate Cocoa Puffs, or as we call them in video to avoid legal confusion — chocolate cereal balls. Frankly these were the farthest from the original of all our “healthy remake recipes” for this series. These are chocolate cereal balls that have a totally different texture than Cocoa Puffs. But they are a world healthier, so as long as you keep your expectations low, you might really love them. What a sell job ha.
Healthy Chocolate Cereal Balls Recipe
1 cup gluten free flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
¼ cup almond meal
½ tsp salt
1 TB coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, almond meal, and salt into a large bowl.
3. Add honey, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Then beat mixture vigorously until combined smoothly.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, shaking tray halfway through to turn the balls for even baking.
6. Remove, cool completely before eating.
Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days or put in the freezer for up to 3 months